Up to Vera's Home Page
Resume in PDF format
Summary: Over 30 years marketing experience on client,
agency, and consultant sides. Controlled $40 million budget and
staff of twelve. Highly effective both strategically and executionally.
Proven ability to develop innovative programs in food,
beverage, sports, finance, medical, real estate, cosmetics, manufacturing, electronics,
agriculture, and textile categories for all classes of distribution:
consumer, trade, ethnic, non-profit, international, and on-premise. Exceptionally strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
1994 - Present
CGC Ltd, Westport, CT
- Restructured organizations and developed strategic business plans
on-site for: Pfizer in Japan, Shalimar Industries
in India, National Weaving in Namibia,
Rio Frio and Cafe Marcala in Honduras, PastaMan Corp. in Zimbabwe,
Livestock Development Trust and 4-H in Zambia,
and Bulbrew Beer, Foros Real Estate, Sanita Pharmaceuticals,
and Office Express in Bulgaria.
- Developed year-long international promotion plan for Diet Pepsi
which was implemented in 12 countries.
- Created syllabus and teach on-going marketing course at
SUNY - Fashion Institute of Technology;
taught marketing seminars at the Moscow University of Higher Economics, the Cooperative College of Kenya, and San Pedro Sula University in Honduras.
- Developed marketing / promotion plans for
Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang Camps,
the Goldie Hawn Foundation,
and ACT-SO, a non-profit organization targeting
the Afro-American community.
- Relaunched the PGA TOUR MasterCard/Partners Program, which involved
product positioning, acquisition,
and retention strategy development and implementation.
- Developed and implemented
Partnership Marketing strategies for Ford Citibank credit card,
GE Rewards program, Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, and Gevalia Coffee.
- Produced and hosted a one hour weekly consumer finances
talk show on WALE-FM, Providence, RI.
1991 - 1994
Alcone Sims O'Brien (Division of Omnicom), Mahwah, NJ
Account Director, Account Supervisor
- Surpassed company profit targets by developing volume-building
promotions for clients: Unilever, Sara Lee, Armour, Dannon, Fromageries Bel, Dos Equis / Tecate beers, Pepperidge
Farm, and The Wool Bureau.
- Directed diverse projects involving: direct mail, focus
groups, newsletters, sales meetings, collateral, sampling, video,
sweepstakes/games, brainstorming, seminars, event
planning, 800 numbers, and the Internet.
1985 - 1991
Heublein, Farmington, CT
Director Promotions, Group Promotions Manager, Promotion
- Increased the department's efficiency and effectiveness
by developing computerized budget and timeline systems, POS guidelines
manual, creative cost standards, and agency evaluation procedures.
- Received POPAI and SPIRE awards for outstanding creativity
on Smirnoff and Arrow programs.
- Increased display activity on Christian Brothers, Club
Cocktails, and Popov through extensive POS analysis and development
of regional merchandising strategies.
- Developed unique value-added tactics for Lancers, Inglenook,
and Harvey's Bristol Cream, decreasing reliance on costly refunds.
1980 - 1985
General Foods Corporation, White Plains, NY
Associate Promotion Manager, Associate Product Manager,
Assistant Product Manager
- Analyzed market and competitive trends, resulting in
line extensions and new products on Shake 'N Bake, Good Seasons,
and Open Pit.
- Developed and implemented successful consumer/trade
promotions for Tang, Orange Plus, and Postum.
New York University
M.B.A. in Marketing, B.A. in Computer Science and Economics,
New York University
- Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Dean's Honor List
- Economics Department Citation
- Fluent in Russian and a working knowledge of Spanish
- Computer proficiency Microsoft Office applications
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Cultural knowledge based on extensive travel and development of
- References available upon request
Current as of May, 2009
You can contact me at my primary email address: email@example.com